Thursday, December 24, 2009

I am dumb...

....
....
....


Someone on Facebook said I'm the cleverest person they know. If that is true, then the world is in a very sad and dire state.

I don't even know basic physics. I can't fix an electronic device. If the world ends, and I am one of the few survivors of the apocalypse, I would contribute nothing to the rebuilding of earth! I can't even build a simple light bulb, build a battery, or bake a brick. I wouldn't even be able to create bronze tools. Bronze-age (Bronze culture) man is better than I am.

Imagine that 5000 thousand years ago, people could build pyramids and other wonders of the world that we would struggle to recreate now. I think that humans have indeed regressed, not evolved. It's a good thing that we have stored our knowledge, gathered over the centuries. If not for writing, humans would be nothing. Writing is the most important tool, to pass down and distribute knowledge.

As a biotechnologist, perhaps I can "genetically engineer bacteria". But without the micropipettes, enzymes, reagents, it would be impossible to do anything. Without online journals, it is also impossible. Without knowledge passed on from others, impossible. What actually do I remember? Only the basic theories. I don't even know the basic structure of glucose. I would struggle to draw DNA. I forgot most of my chemistry. It's embarassing. So if I am one of the few survivors of an apocalypse, without my computer, internet, my contribution to rebuild humanity would be close to nothing.

So in the next few years, I hope that I will learn more things, basic knowledge, become an all rounder and learn more things which are actually useful and important.

No comments: