Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga Part 2

The battle continues with both singers having new singles released on radio...

Katy Perry's "Waking up in Vegas" took a while for me to start liking, and even then it was just "good", nothing to shout about. On the other hand, Lady Gaga had "Disco Stick/Love Game" which I instantly liked. "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" sounds really dirty. Haha. Well, I still prefer Katy who has a unique voice, good looks and an interesting background(Pastor's kid??). Lady Gaga on the other hand seems as artificial as the synthesized sounds in her songs. But "Love game" is really pretty good. Oh yeah, Lady Gaga also released a bunch of new songs that show her versatility...hmm. Oh well, I've gotta admit that for now, Lady Gaga=1 and Katy Perry=0. Hopefully it's just temporary.

Here's a vid if you're too free!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zFOKRJFIqo

Sorry, only the link since it will cause my blog to slow down if I embed it.

----------
9 February 2012

Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga Part 3!

The battle continues between these two super stars! Katy Perry seems to be leading this time, with a positive image (despite her recent divorce) and good music, where as Gaga seems to be more and more wacky, walking a fine line between creativity and plain madness. Music wise, Katy Perry has the epic hits ET, FIREWORK! and TGIF,and the one which I dont really like, "The one that got away". Lady Gaga responds with the trend breaking Born this Way, the marvellous Edge of Glory, the super catchy You and I, sung by her male alter ego, and the one which I don't really like, "Marry the night". Music wise, Gaga seems to be leading, but Katy is not far behind. Overall though, let's call it a draw. Gaga=1, Katy=1. :)

No comments: